Frank Martin Gilligan - Texas singer/songwriter
Frank Martin Gilligan grew up in NYC, but when he was 19 years old..…Texas happened.
Frank moved to Beaumont, Texas, in the late 70's,he immediately formed MASON DIXON, a Texas vocal group that enjoyed a pretty good run on the charts and on the road in the 1980's and 90's. They played with just about everyone who was big in Country music at the time and racked up 13 Billboard chart singles as well.
HIGHLIGHTS WITH MASON DIXON
• NINE NUMBER 1 RECORDS on the Independent Country Music Charts 1983 to 1987
• CASHBOX Magazine “Independent Vocal Group of The Year 1987”
• Played the 1985 “New Faces Show” in Nashville
• Recorded a “Don't Mess With Texas” radio spot 1986
• 13 nationally recognized songs on the BILLBOARD charts
• Numerous appearances on The Nashville Network
• # 5 CMT hit video with the group's signature song “WHEN KAREN COMES AROUND”
• 1987 Christmas special with Charlie Daniels on the stage of The Grand Ole Opry
• Enjoyed a long running relationship with sponsor JUSTIN BOOTS
Mason Dixon's run lasted until 1993. Frank put music aside for some time. That might have been the end of it had it not been for a bout with cancer in 2009. Chemo ruined the nerves in his hands and feet and left him unable to play guitar. When he got his hands back, a lot of good songs came with it. Back to the stage and to the studio. Frank's been making some noise since he's been back!!
FRANK MARTIN GILLIGAN TODAY
2015 WILDFLOWER ARTS & MUSIC FESTIVAL WINNER
2014 KERRVILLE NEW FOLK SONGWRITER WINNER
2013 SONGWRITER SERENADE WINNER
Frank Martin Gilligan can be seen and heard all over the state of Texas and beyond these days. Frank's "Silver Dollar" CD his first solo effort, released in 2015 was very favorably received by independent radio. The title song "Silver Dollar" spent 4 weeks at #1 on the Roots Americana Chart and was rated #13 overall for the year!